BRS dual reactor flow

10gReef

I would not do it from an overflow as from my experience it will become clogged with too much debris and should be down line after additional mechanical filtering is done; as it is only doing Chemical filtering within the reactor chambers.

I would not do it from an overflow as from my experience it will become clogged with too much debris and should be down line after additional mechanical filtering is done; as it is only doing Chemical filtering within the reactor chambers.

ah, I didnt thing of debris. thanks for the info.

Sascha, that completely depends on overall flow going through the return pump and down the overflows. I utilize a high rate of turnover and I guarantee my overflows would tumble GFO - too much... I use a Mag18 for my return pump fully dedicated to that function.

Still not a good idea to use the overflows though. Using a manifold off your return pump is a much better idea, as Sascha suggests.

I use a small pump in the first chamber of my sump and then return the water back into the last chamber. This way I have control of the tumble. A manifold would be good if you have the flow but I don't have enough going on for one so the small pump works great.

Archived