Announcing the Feb 2014 ARC Meeting

mFrame

Our second meeting of 2014 will be in South Austin at C4's platinum sponsor, the Austin Aquadome!

Sunday, February 16th, at 5:00 - 7:30pm

1604 Fortview Road

Austin, TX 78704

(512)442-1400

map

Our topic will be: The Continually Changing State of our Hobby. Gary will share his thoughts on how this hobby has changed over the years, go over the concepts of biological filtration, show the factors involved, and briefly go over cycling - what you're doing and why.

Our hosts will be staying after closing hours to host us exclusively, so this is your chance to come down, hang at the shop, and talk to the staff and other members while checking out all the great critters. The Dome has one of if not the best selections of fish in Austin! So come on out and take a chance to carry home some great doorprizes.

Feel free to RSVP here or to volunteer to bring food or snacks.

I will make it for my first meeting!

I will also bring ATS screen starts (they float and can be floated in the sump) if anyone wants to bring a trade.

Willing to trade for whatever, I really just want them off my full time screen since they are now full grown and making water splash everywhere!!

This was my first meeting also - it was awesome!! I loved Gary's talk. Truth be told, my first tank was a hand-me-down from my mother - 5 gallon metal frame with a slate bottom. That he mentioned those tanks in his talk made me wax nostalgic!! :) And undergravel filters, yes, I was there!!! And his debunking of nitrate factories - thank you!!!

I enjoyed it, a lot!

Archived