ARC Field Trip to the Austin Aquarium 2/17/14

mFrame

Austin Aquarium Field Trip  

42 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a little confused I thought the exhibits would be open, and one of the points was to see the family interact with the exhibits, and we would get also the beyond the scenes tour.

That's why I was taking my family, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't care seeing the equipment and procedures.

I just noticed the time of 7-8:30pm. That's after hours right? Will the exhibits be open that late or is this an equipment viewing party?

This is an after hours equipment viewing tour. The exhibits and giftshop will not be open and the door will be locked at the start of the tour since they will only have a skeleton crew to accomodate us.

I would plan on arriving 15 minutes earlier in the parking lot so we can get the tour started on time for everyone's behalf.

I'm a little confused I thought the exhibits would be open, and one of the points was to see the family interact with the exhibits, and we would get also the beyond the scenes tour.

That's why I was taking my family, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't care seeing the equipment and procedures.

As noted in the original post, "This invitation is open to all registered club members and their families (Basic and Premium Members, Sponsors, Professional Members, etc.). That said, please don't abuse the invitation and bring in extended family just to ride the "free admission" train. You may also consider whether or not to bring small children as the underlying purpose is to view the aquarium and their operation beyond what is open to the public. This could be boring for kids, but I do think an honest evaluation of the facility involves seeing how kids and families respond to the displays."

So this phrase is what made me get it wrong, "an honest evaluation of the facility involves seeing how kids and families respond to the displays."

Understandable, that's why I lead with the sentence before. Kids are definitely NOT prohibited, but they are not the primary reason for the field trip as we're looking for an honest assessment by adults knowledgeable about the hobby. I'm personally curious as to how the average person/family/child sees AA which is why the second sentence is there. That said, I know my nieces and nephews get excited about playsets at McDonald's and boxes that presents come in, so it's a pretty low threshold to judge by.

Mike

I voted but I didn't see my name on the list for 1. Thanks.

Added.

Please try to arrive a little before 7, since they're locking the doors for our event it will be easier if we don't have to deal with stragglers. Thanks!

Some of the River City Aquatics staff will be attending tonight. We would like to invite everyone to the shop afterwards (Mike approved). We are extending our hours for ARC members and will be offering free beverages plus 20% off livestock for those looking for some late-night deals.

Awesome deal, thanks Jake! I'll add it to the heading and to the calendar item.

Archived