AI Hydra LED w/o wireless controller.

Lamont

Hello yall, I had a question about the AI Hydra LED. I order one last night along with the brand new wireless controller from Amazon and it showed that both units were in stock. When going through order checkout the availability changed on the controller to out of stock. My light will be here tomorrow( morning (Dec.24) but the controller will be here between Dec.27- Jan.2. i would like to know if i can control the light without the controller by using a PC or Tablet. Also, does anyone have the new wireless controller and how satified are you with it? The old controller Mr. Saltwater reviewed seemed ok, i just wanted to know the main differences? Thanks for the help in advance.

http://www.aquaillumination.com/control/

you will need the controller. the "new" controller has all the programming on it to run the lights. The "director acts more like a gateway where you use your PC to manage the lights and the instructions are sent from the PC via wifi to the director which then controls the lights.

I particiapted in the beta program for the director. It's much easier controlling the light using it then it is trying to make all the different adjustments using the "new" controller.

James

you will need the controller. the "new" controller has all the programming on it to run the lights. The "director acts more like a gateway where you use your PC to manage the lights and the instructions are sent from the PC via wifi to the director which then controls the lights.

I particiapted in the beta program for the director. It's much easier controlling the light using it then it is trying to make all the different adjustments using the "new" controller.

James

The lights arrived on tuesday without the contholler so i mounted them and will use the 20% intensity increment button on the back. I was planning on acclimating the tank with that amount of light anyways.I will also get the director.i was trying yo see if i will pick up another Hydra.

Controller is needed for custom programming but there are 5 preset setting already program and does not need the controller. I personally use the apex AWM and love that I can control it through the apex anytime I want

AquaIllumination-The-New-Controller-for-

• 2 weeks later...

How are you liking the hydra?

I love it! I have not had any issues. The fixture is very quiet. My jebaos are the loudest thing on my tank, and they are not loud at all. I do not have colors dancing around my tank, they're blended quite nicely because of the diffused lens. I did not use the acclimation feature because i switched from 2X250wMH's+2x65wPC's 4"AWL. I had issues with the cold weather so i dropped my MH's close to the water line to warm up the tank. All of the corals seems to notice and like the lighting switch. THey have opened up like never before. Great polyp extension and color. Use the Green and Red LED's with lower intensities or you will get algae. I started my Greens and Reds on 30% then raised them to 65% for 1 day and when i got home from work i noticed lots of brown algae on the glass. I then cleaned the glass and lowered the intensities back to 30% and the next day no issue.

How are you liking the hydra?

I love it! I have not had any issues. The fixture is very quiet. My jebaos are the loudest thing on my tank, and they are not loud at all. I do not have colors dancing around my tank, they're blended quite nicely because of the diffused lens. I did not use the acclimation feature because i switched from 2X250wMH's+2x65wPC's 4"AWL. I had issues with the cold weather so i dropped my MH's close to the water line to warm up the tank. All of the corals seems to notice and like the lighting switch. THey have opened up like never before. Great polyp extension and color. Use the Green and Red LED's with lower intensities or you will get algae. I started my Greens and Reds on 30% then raised them to 65% for 1 day and when i got home from work i noticed lots of brown algae on the glass. I then cleaned the glass and lowered the intensities back to 30% and the next day no issue.

That great. I just got a vega. How are you hanging it?

Archived