Christmas in the tropics

subsea

I like my lagoon. It contrast red and green vividly. I also like the texture contrast with the feather Caulerpa and the red/orange sticks of the tree sponge or perhaps the bright red of another sponge contrasted with orange Bryozoans.

Thank you for the red sponge, Grog. It rocks.

Laissez la bonne temps roulee,

Patrick

post-766-0-23645900-1387207439_thumb.jpg

post-766-0-55669400-1387207487_thumb.jpg

post-766-0-22133600-1387207525_thumb.jpg

You are most welcome. That tank looks really good. Crazy how those clowns hang out in the clam and the clam tolerates that nonsense. :)

This clam has been in tank for 18 months. It had previously caught a Yellow Angelfish for long enough to deter future nipping on mantle. Every time I see the clowns in the clam, I flashback to the picture that Tim posted with the clam holding on to the dead fish. Sometimes, both clowns pile into the clam. Go figure.

Patrick

Now that this tank is an open lagoon, my focus on filter feeders is expanding with sponges, sea apples and feather dusters. I also enjoy fast growing gorgonians and leathers. I would consider my tank to be a Caribbean macro lagoon.

Later,

Patrick

PS It took the Cauerpa Paspoidies over a month before it adjusted to the 12K LED.

B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U--L

Thanks for the compliment. Due to my first ich infestation in eight years, I have added a 40W UV sterilizer to this tank. I could not believe how fast the wateer clarity improved. I normally operate this tank on the brink of a phyto bloom in display tank.

Patrick

• 3 weeks later...

LED around 450nm.

Is 450nm the overall color using Kelvin color scale? I am trying to duplicate light at 80' of water which is the median depth for collecting Red Grapes and Dragons Breath.

Patrick

PS. Please post some of your SPS pictures in your skimmerless system.

• 2 weeks later...

Within 48 hours of being introduced to tank, a fungus developed on the Red Tree Sponge. After watching the progression for two days, I amputated the top 6" from the three branches of the sponge. It has been three weeks and sponges look good.

Patrick

post-766-0-01397000-1390270860_thumb.jpg

post-766-0-86747800-1390270882_thumb.jpg

post-766-0-13957600-1390270945_thumb.jpg

Archived