Drought and Economy Causing Pain

• 2 weeks later...

I hadn't heard the lake store closed, and never got down to Mammoth lake. Whenever I was in the store it always look slow though, I don't get in there too often. It was the most convenient location for me since I am in Georgetown.

A lot fewer people are diving at Windy Point and Mansfield Dam, because it's a real climb down and up rock cliffs to get to the water and back. That meant a lot less traffic at the Lake Store, plus they didn't have a pool for classes. It was right on my way home from work, I mean I drove right by it every day with it on my right side, so it was supremely convenient to get my cylinders refilled. The North Store not so much.

I don't think we have been diving at Travis for at least 2 years, have you been to Reveille Peak yet, we have been out there with the Scubaland group several times. Not a lot to see there, but what is there to see at Travis, but it is good for us to keep proficient and it is nice to see more then 5-10 feet. I have an unused fill card I may get rid of, just got to check my other options for fills, maybe Dive World, never been in there yet?

I don't think we have been diving at Travis for at least 2 years, have you been to Reveille Peak yet, we have been out there with the Scubaland group several times. Not a lot to see there, but what is there to see at Travis, but it is good for us to keep proficient and it is nice to see more then 5-10 feet. I have an unused fill card I may get rid of, just got to check my other options for fills, maybe Dive World, never been in there yet?

Yes, I dove Reveille Peak Ranch a couple of times. It's spring fed so it's fairly clear. Not as clear as Spring Lake or the Comal River but clearer than Lake Travis. It's private property, so you pretty much have to go with the Scubaland Dive Club. [most of that was for other readers since you've been]

I like Scubaland better than Dive World, but Dive World is almost as convenient for me as the Lake Store used to be. I'll be switching to refills there soon as they do $5 fills. I'll probably still go to the North Store for big things, classes, club events and travel arrangements as I like the people there [don't really know the Dive World folks, yet].

Archived