200+ animal deaths at Portland Aquarium

etannert

I think we could solve this problem. Stick a Landry's next to the subpar aquarium: instead of the guise that it is an actual "public aquarium" with educational value/ ethical treatment/ etc... add a shark train and a ferris wheel, and we're good to freakin' go. That's what they do down here- Kemah aquarium, houston aquarium, etc.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do y'all not like the Kemah aquarium? We used to eat there every Friday night, I sold them a rainbow runner I caught in the bay and they had it for like 5 years lol. The downtown one is terrible, they have wayyyy to many fish packed into small tanks. I hope the Kemah one isn't becoming the same way.

Has there ever been a big push for a more official aquarium in Austin? I can't recall one. Maybe we should look into what it would take to get state and/or city funding to open a legitimate AZA certified facility?

Reporter says "we started digging..." what he meant to say was "we googled for 15 seconds and are now reporting what everyone else has already said..."

gotta love the local news.

When you have something that contains new information please say so. I keep opening these links hoping to see something new and getting the same old "facts" over and over again.

It's surprising the comments at the bottom of that article. "PETA go away. They are just fish swimming in a glass." Or why don't you put this much time into child welfare reports? Crazy how stupid people are. Why not respect all life?

Archived