ARC Reeffarmers Tour Sat 8/17

Mitch

Alrighty folks, we're one month out from the scheduled Reeffarmers Tour. We need to start nailing down the who's, what's, etc.

1) First of all, please reply to this if you are 100% certain you are going. No-shows are not appreciated. If you are not sure, you can still reply, but i'll mark you accordingly.

2) None of the staff will be able to go, so I will need a volunteer who will function as the coordinator.

3) We'll need people to volunteer their car(s) or alternatively a rental should be arranged. Obviously trip expenses will be shared by the attendees. IMO if you are offering your car, then that's your contribution, all others should split the cost of gas. Note the drive is 450+ mi / 8+ hr round trip.

I'm sure there are other things that will come up, but this is a good start.

For reference, here's the original thread/poll:

http://www.austinreefclub.com/topic/26851-arc-reeffarmers-tour-and-gb/

Keep in mind that the "tour" is not extensive, I expect it will be under 2 hrs. That's a lot of road time for a short tour for most ARC members, but you get to see Steve Tyree's facility. He's also said that he'll arrange some specials for the "group buy", so it could be worthwhile especially if some members act as couriers for others who can't attend. That said, there needs to be a minimum number of attendees to make this worthwhile. So as Mitch said, please post if you definitely plan to go and if you are providing a vehicle or need to ride with someone else.

I will be there, for sure. I won't be road-tripping with the group, since I only live an hour from Abilene. I just need to know where to meet up with everyone else.

Sharing a note from Sherita, she says that she makes this drive often and that taking 183 through Lampasas/Brownwood to Abilene makes the drive just under 3 1/2 hrs, so more like a 7 hr round trip depending on where you start in Austin.

I plan on going. I will be taking my own car. What is the address and what time is the tour?

I might have room for some people.

I don't have the address yet, and the time is still TBD.

How many people could come with you?

Steve may be a tough sell as a steady supplier. No knock to the guy at all, he has some beatiful pieces, but he's a limited edition guy, and i suspect that may limit his ability to be a bread and butter guy. Just a thought.

Side note, for those who want the best chicken fried steak in texas, on the way home take I-20 to strawn texas and hit up Mary's Cafe. Get the small chicken fry, anything more and it's going to be an unpleasant trip home.

I was wondering that myself. I tried to see if I could contact him, but didn't see him as member of ARC or sponsor. Need to do some research on trying to locate a # for him.

Steven stays pretty busy so is not a member, and limits his sales so he isn't listed as a sponsor, but we can get you in touch with him. PM'd

• 2 weeks later...

From the poll, we had decent interest and had hoped that we could sustain the same interest once official plans were put in place, however, I understand there's the reality that life gets in the way. So given we have only 2 committed for the Tour, let's be considerate of Steve's time and cancel. Thanks for everyone's understanding.

• 4 weeks later...

So since we are not going with this, is there a set location/time for the meeting. I'm very new to the group and SW tanks and would LOVE to get to meet all of you guys in person and to thank those who have helped with my High School tank :)

Archived