Red Macro bleached

subsea

Due to mishap by operator, the south porch hydrid growout system of 550 gallons was diluted to 1.008 spg. I isolated this 75G lagoon tank and replaced all 75 gallons with mature water from another system. The fresh water bath has caused the different red macros to intensify in some gaudy colors.

I hope the new intense colors of the macro are not the funeral uniform.

Patrick

PS. The first two pictures were taken at noon today. The third picture was taken yesterday before I diluted to fresh water.

post-766-0-94811400-1372438576_thumb.jpg

post-766-0-17272100-1372438684_thumb.jpg

post-766-0-08623800-1372438731_thumb.jpg

Your 550 gallons was diluted to 1.008? :( .That is a lot of fresh water..... wow. Top off stay on?

Top off was manual 1/2" hose at 10GPM. I forgot the hose on for 90 minutes and extensively watered the lawn around the Jacuzzi.

Patrick

Ooooof!

I bet it was one of those moments where once you realized, you jumped up like a rocket and ran to shut the hose off. (I've had a few of those myself.) Boiling pots, RODI, and tank fills are notorious for these situations. :P

Last year on Superbowl Sunday, I was filling my 135G tank for the first time. Between the sizzling chicken on the stove cooking and the rock and roll blaring, I heard the splatter of water on my hard wood floor. In that situation, I flew out the door to turn water off. Five gallons of water makes a terrible mess in a living area.

In addittion to the salinity problem, the system water temperature rose to 83.5 degrees yesterday. I purchased four 20" box fans with temperatures this morning at 76.5 degrees and salinity at 1.024.

Archived