"inexpensive" sturdy space-saving quick release 800ml dosing reservior

Capt. Obvious

It can be argued that ~$3-4 for a bottle of water is outrageous so i used quotes around inexpensive.

Here is the list of items you will need:

1 x 800ml Voss Glass water bottle (still or sparkling)

1/4" johnguest Bulkhead

A small length of 1/4" tubing

3/16 thinwall rigid tubing

holesaw or drill bit appropriate in size for the bulkhead

JDQFi8m.jpg

Step 1. Drink the Voss (trust me, it is good)

Step 2. Take off the lid and using your drill bit/holesaw drill a hole in the center of the lid.

DMvTKNs.jpg

Step 3. Mount the john guest fitting in the hole (either direction I chose mounting nut on the outside for ease of tightening and to keep the metal nut out of the moist environment...this hole was too big)

KxsYUJR.jpg

Step 4. Cut a length of 3/16" thinwall rigid tubing SLIGHTLY SMALLER than the appropriate length to reach from the top of the lid to the bottom of the bottle.

Step 5. Cut a 1-1.5" piece of standard 1/4" tubing

Step 6. Attach the 14/" tubing to one end of the 3/16" thinwall rigid tubing. then insert the 1/4" tubing end into the johnguest fitting on the inside of the cap, ensure it is firmly inserted.

vqicHpQ.jpg

IcB1DFO.jpg

Step 7. Test fit the cap and adjust (depth of 3/16" into 1/4"hose) and trim the 3/16" tubing as necessary (offset the tubing a bit to the side as there is a dome in the bottom of the bottle)

ju2vt9l.jpg

Step 8.(optional) using a stencil made of masking tape in the font of your choosing...spray frosted glass spray to denote the contents of the bottle (mg, Alk etc). Using Plastic spary paint, color code the lid

Step 9. Fill with additive of your choice and connect outer connection of Johnguest fitting to dosing pump

Archived