Next Level H2O

brian.srock

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok so I'm going to pick up 4 3" 5/16th Lag bolts for the top and bottom edge of the column to attach to the studs and 2 3" Toggle Bolts for the drywall and stagger them with the 3 current anchors I have.

Thanks for the info guys.

Wow your tv is far away from the wall!

What can I say, I like to have options and the ability to show the TV to any direction depending on how the group is positioned ;)

And getting to the wires is a breeze.

Wow your tv is far away from the wall!

What can I say, I like to have options and the ability to show the TV to any direction depending on how the group is positioned wink.png

And getting to the wires is a breeze.

Yes sir it is! one of my favorite things about it I just spin the tv and get to work behind it with no issue just standing there.

yet im too lazy for wire management and my GF hates it!

Back to Brian, let us know if you need help with mounting once you have the new bolts :)

i have supported a motor of a Saab 93 off of lag bolts.

I have supported supported the cab of a 40's Ford F1 off of lag bolts...the correct answer is lag bolts...or a 2x4 stud across your studs and mount it to that

I was not arguing the strength of lag bolts, I was just making an apples to apples comparison. But, Brian has his plan that sounds like a good plane. If he wants further help he can contact us.

Here are the 3 sets of lights I will be using on my new tank.

The first one is a 14k Reef Custom BuildmyLED 36" strip, second is the 60w cannon that I won last year at the reef club meeting built by Timfish, and the 3rd is a 100w EvolutionLED fixture.

JvU1EV.gif

Pic fixed. There is a slight sag but it is fixable with a shim due to the hinges.

Not sure if you've seen them, but the sell bundles of shims. Just glue one side to one of the 2x4's and it won't fall out when you open the top. I'd put one shim on each of the three braces we added.

Tonight will be cable management night. Need to get everything plugged back into my timers so I'm not having to manually disconnect/reconnect the lights. I will also be swinging by Lowes to pick up a couple more lagbolts, black chains to life the front level, and some dry wall repair spackle.

I did get a clean up crew last night from reefs2go since I had a coupon and they were offering free shipping. I'm very disappointed in the size of their livestock. A huge misrepresentation of size and I'm sure everyone can agree their stuff is tiny. I personally will not be shopping there in the future. Especially since for just over a little over double the price you can get a massive turbo for $3 at aquatek and he's easily 5x the size of their XLG snails.

I'm also really loving my LED cannon. It is throwing some dazzling colors that neither of my other LEDs do.

Was able to finally mount my new floating canopy level with the help of my brother. I am going to swing by lowes and pick up a sheet of pine so I can do the base of my stand then paint it all at once. I need to look at some colors because I haven't decided on one yet. All wires are now tucked away neatly so everything is coming along nicely. I also took the better half of the morning to do a 20% water change and change media filters.

I was also able to pick up a Blue Hippo and an Atlantic Blue from the Dome.

post-1271-0-62113200-1367182181_thumb.jpg

post-1271-0-60194600-1367182218_thumb.jpg

post-1271-0-75106000-1367182583_thumb.jpg

post-1271-0-14729500-1367182624_thumb.jpg

post-1271-0-02591900-1367182819_thumb.jpg

post-1271-0-58567500-1367182539_thumb.jpg

Yes it is the same brain doing very well. I do need to move some of that middle stuff now though to the sides since I wanted the middle empty.

I snapped a pic on the way out this morning with my iphone of the progress I've made the last 2 nights painting the canopy and skinning my stand.

For now it's just super plain but I'm really not sure what else to add to it but at least after almost a year it's finally covered.

post-1271-0-06051500-1367419111_thumb.jpg

Archived