Drink Like a Fish- Feb 21 Opal Divines Marina

lewisweil

What: Drink Like a Fish Happy Hour

When: Thursday Feb21 7pm-10pm

Where: Opal Divines- Marina

Who: everyone

Why: fish 'n beer

https://www.facebook.com/events/374465112652272/

(RSVP is not required, it is just to help us estimate the head count)

The last meet up was awesome, and since it is a short month we decided host this months social at Opal Divines Marina again.

Join the FG Austin team for a night of drinks and fishy conversation at Opal Divines- Marina
(next to Fry's off Parmer). Gill Murray as always will be hanging out.

Same format as usual, we'll have an open tab for our guests, so bring anyone and everyone you think would be interested!

This time we'll have our Square reader and will have discounted gift
cards available for purchase during the event. These gift cards will be
valid at the Austin location as soon as we open.

We will be having a Tiny Tank contest. Winner gets a gift card to Fish Gallery Austin. Bring a small tank, under 5 gallons please. Decorate it, make it pretty. Prettiest tank wins. Freshwater or saltwater. Bring necessary cords and stuff. I'll bring extra powerstrips and extension cords just in case. If you are confused about the rules let me know. Odds are good that we'll let you enter as long as there is water in a box with something alive in it. :)

If anyone happens to be a seahorse/pipefish expert I would love it if you came. A biology friend of mine who studies pipefish is attending and she would love to learn more about their aquarium husbandry.

Lewis I have a very good person on this exact subject coming. He had worked in all aspects for a couple places solely involving sea horse/ pipe fish.

I've been getting great feedback about the socials. So I made this facebook group as a central socializing place for all types of fish nerds in Austin. It isn't for Fish Gallery and its not meant to take the place of ARC and other specific fish groups. Just a place to share interests, organize meetups and make community announcements. If you are on facebook consider joining.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/526634554047826/

That was a great meetup. It was exciting to see so many fish nerds converge. Sunny's presentation was so cool. I think we'll keep doing the presentations.

With a little luck the next DLaF will be an inside the store sneak preview shindig.

Will it end early again at the fg site? Was bummed to find people leaving at 8:30 when they were cut off. Had expected a great drinking activity till 10 with open bar.

Yeah, it was kind of surprising to get handed a bill for my drinks. Last time we stayed until what, like 11?

Great turn out and presentation guys. I look forward to next month in your new place hopefully.

I think there were more people there than anticipated. I know Mike showed up late, but by the time he ordered, the tab was shut down.

You're making it sound lame, last night was great. People were there well past then, your beer clock needs recalibrating.

I'm going to try to get a keg if we do it at the store. Volume and rate of consumption will be the limiting factor.

Yeah, I thought it was awesome!!!

The only reason I had to leave early is because I had to drive back down south and had work this morning. It was great getting to meet people, though. I wish we could do some ARC get-togethers that weren't on Saturdays (when I work).

Archived