Drink Like a Fish- January 24 (Opal Divines Marina)

lewisweil

What: Drink Like a Fish Happy Hour

When: Jan 24 7pm-10pm

Where: Opal Divines- Marina

Who: everyone

Why: fish 'n beer

https://www.facebook.com/events/119718614863900/

(RSVP is not required, it is just to help us estimate the head count)

We're back for the new year! Join the FG Austin team once again for a night of drinks and fishy conversation at Opal Divines- Marina (next to Fry's off Parmer). Gill Murray is coming along too, so be sure to stop by and wave a fin at him.

Same format as usual, we'll have an open tab for our guests, so bring anyone and everyone you think would be interested!

This time we'll have our Square reader and will have discounted gift cards available for purchase during the event. These gift cards will be valid at the Austin location as soon as we open.

Sea you there!

I am really excited to be back to do socials. We took a break during the holidays and I miss drinking and talking tanks. I am also very happy we are bringing the event up north (you speak we listen) and partnering with Opal Divine's. They are so cool, I love that place. I am thrilled Gill Murray's tank will be there.

Bring some fish curious friends!

This is the only photo I could dig up (from 2008!). At its peak it had several hard and soft coral. Some macro algae. Tons of pods. And a pair of cowries that hitchhiked in and would spawn in the water column. I also had tons of placazoans! The only light was a 13watt actinic. All I ever did were water changes. No filter, just a bubbler. I did it to prove to someone that saltwater isn't hard.

The only reason I stopped is that coralline algae on the glass was impossible to clean off. It got to where you couldn't really see inside.

post-1439-0-67617900-1358483555_thumb.jp

I don't have a pico tank.. sad.png see you guys there. Sent from my Android4.2 CM10.1 S3 Device

Find a soda bottle and make it happen!

I'll try and make it to this one. Thanks for moving one up north (ish)

-ish?! Parmer is practically Canada if you ask south austinite.

https://www.facebook.com/events/119718614863900/?fref=ts

Extra extra reminder that Drink Like a Fish is tonight (Thursday 24th) at Opal Divine's- Marina in the Fry's shopping center. Bring a pico tank and you might win $50 credit to Fish Gallery Austin. Not sure how many contestants there will be, so throw some live rock in a soda bottle and you might win!

Thanks!

And thanks to everyone who came out, it was a blast! Best meetup yet if ya ask me.

We'll probably do it at Opal's again next month.

I will give more details about the contest rules next time. Or Bio3 can just keep winning.

Thanks!

And thanks to everyone who came out, it was a blast! Best meetup yet if ya ask me.

We'll probably do it at Opal's again next month.

I will give more details about the contest rules next time. Or Bio3 can just keep winning.

Me and Briana will be there!!!

We agree though this was a really good meeting compared to the other one we attended. I'd love to come back to opal's the atmosphere was great due to the people there of course but the drink selection was very nice!

Archived