Annoucing the January 2013 ARC Meeting

dapettit

gallery_251_14_10794.jpggallery_251_223_73092.jpggallery_251_14_660572.jpg

David Pettit, aka dapettit, has volunteered to host the January Meeting, at his home in Northeast.

The details:

Saturday,January 19, at 3 pm

If you received a digital camera for Christmas or you would like a refresher in tank photography you don't want to miss this meeting. The Techniques can be used in all facets of photography. Also, I'm sure with some prodding we can get him to show us his new LED lighting (thanks to Timfish).

All are welcomed, bring the family. There will be some door prizes as well.

Premium Membership cards will be available too. Please see Robin Pettit for your card.

If you would like to bring food or drinks please send me dapettit a PM.

Please reply to this thread if you are planning to attend.

gallery_251_14_40754.jpg

Hi Dave. Looking forward to learning from the Master! Also, I'm glad to share how I use my measly iPhone and iPad to take pictures like those below. While the quality isn't near what you pros are used to, there are some quick and dirty techniques folks who don't have SLRs can use to create web post acceptable images.

2013-01-12-18.30.jpg

2013-01-12-18.29.jpg

2012-12-23-14.35.jpg

2012-12-15-18.19.jpg

I'll be there as well, and for the first time we'll be trying something new. We've frequently given away frags of common corals to members at our meetings and we hope to continue that with a twist.

As you may know we chose The Nature Conservancy's Adopt-A-Reef as a charity last year. We sent over $300 to them (which was awesome!), but we'd like to continue to add to that. At each meeting this year we'll have coral frag bags for interested members. The frags are free, but we ask that you make a $5 or more donation to the Adopt-A-Reef charity. We'll have a collection jar at each meeting for donations. So feel free to take frags (limit 1 frag bag per family) and donate if you can. If you have success with the frags then pay-it-forward at some point in the future by donating frags back to the club to perpetuate the program.

I'll be bringing Devils Hand Leather, Anthelia, some Palys, and Pink Birdsnest frags to the meeting this weekend.

i can make it but will have my four year old if yall dont think that will be a problem. dont have adecent camera but would be fun to meet some fellow reefers

We're bringing our 3yr old :)

Archived