free in Pflugerville?

SourDatx

I'm new to the hobby and I am hoping to find a few nice corals that someone can donate. Really would love some Xenia of some sort. I can't really go out and pick it up right now, no cash for gas money but any help I could get would be super appreciated.

I'm new to the hobby and I am hoping to find a few nice corals that someone can donate. Really would love some Xenia of some sort. I can't really go out and pick it up right now, no cash for gas money but any help I could get would be super appreciated.

I'm thinking you are gonna get yourself into trouble real quick. Reefing is not cheap by any means, no matter how you look at it. If you don't have cash to even pickup free corals, I'd hate to think what's ahead for you if you run into any kind of problems with your setup.

Austin Reef Club is like a family community. I am proud to say that I consider them good friends and some of them more like family. This is a great site to get useful information. Most of us have been helped by members and we all pay it forward.

You will find a lot of generous members on here that would be more than happy to give you free "STARTER" corals but I doubt that any of them will go out of their way to deliver them to you.

Well my tank is running very smooth and the money issue is just temporary as the holidays and getting laid off has wiped me clean. I have a 34g DSA neo nano coming soon. My 10g is definitely healthy as I have a small mat of neon gsp and a hammer and torch, as well as my Condy anemone. Been on a hunt for possible host for my clown pair. Everything is growing very fast and healthy I'm just trying to get rid of my anemone and pulsing Xenia is like my dream coral lol. Was just hoping to find some Xenia free as I've heard its usually easy to find because it grows so well like gsp.

It wasn't meant to come off that way, I just thought if anyone in Pflugerville was close and didn't mind it wouldn't hurt to ask. Not demanding anything, it was just a question and once again not meant to offend. Not like Pflugerville is that big of a place, especially if someone who didn't mind was already going out somewhere. I'd like to have others look at my tank and leave any tips they can also, just started reef and I'm trying to branch out and meet some people.

Very family like group here huh? Can't say I was shown it as a new member, I've seen it on other post but not this one for sure.

We are. You just haven't had time to know us. I've been on ARC for several years and have seen a lot of people come and go and while you are not the 1st person to ask for free corals you are the 1st one to ask for it to be delievered. If you didn't mean to come across as you typed it don't blame us. We all read into it the same way. It might have been better if you had introduced yourself and told us a little about you. And if you think that by calling you on this we are not being family then you've got it wrong. I like my family to earn or deserve what they want not just say "I want this and I want it delivered". If you want to see what this community is really about, then try another approach.

Or just wait until you get back on your feet and can afford gas to go and pick up stuff that the club is willing to give. This club it's very friendly and generous as well. I built an entire 55 gallon tank with donations from this club. You have to be patien. People give away stuff almost everyday. I think asking for it to be free and for it to be delivered was what irritated people.

This club IS like a family. Not sugar coating replies, helping each other, sharing knowledge. As I read your original post I was going to offer a couple green zoa then I saw you wanted it delivered so I didn't offer.

Ill wait until you can pick them up and we both have time to meet.

Coming onto the club asking for freebies isn't the best way to get that warm family welcome. There are even members I see that CONSTANTLY only want freebies. With how much they have gone and got they must have a massive tank, or just selling it off to LFS for credit, they also don't get that family feel it seems.

Once your restable and able to meet remind me about a few green zoa.

If I was laid off, putting things in my tank would be the last thing on my mind.

Which, is why he is asking for free corals. Calling his judgement into question probably isn't what he came here for. Nor did he come for a life coach.

+1 Brooks, I appreciate someone deciding not to troll my post. I ruffled a lot of feathers today with no intention of doing so, I was only really asking for people in Pflugerville anyways. But thanks again.

If I was laid off, putting things in my tank would be the last thing on my mind.

Which, is why he is asking for free corals. Calling his judgement into question probably isn't what he came here for. Nor did he come for a life coach.

I don't think anyone is calling this person out for asking for free coral. It happens all the time on the forum and people oblige it. However, to come in to the forum with little/no introduction and/or interaction and ask for concierge service was off putting when there was no prior interaction between the user and the rest of the club.

Participate a little in the forum and try again later.

I don't think anyone is calling this person out for asking for free coral. It happens all the time on the forum and people oblige it. However, to come in to the forum with little/no introduction and/or interaction and ask for concierge service was off putting when there was no prior interaction between the user and the rest of the club.

Participate a little in the forum and try again later.

+1 People here have been SUPER nice and helpful. So far I have received way more "help" than I have provided but like a friendship, family ANY relationship it's about investing/sharing etc. To come on and say I want something for free and I want you to bring it to me is not going to get a warm welcome. I'm not judging you SourDatx sounds like you hit a rough patch in life, sorry to hear that. But would you walk up to a total stranger, and ask for something, more over ask for it then ask them to carry it to your house. I expect not.

So first off, welcome, I'm pretty new here myself, can I suggest you start build thread, introduce yourself to the group etc. I expect you'll have a completely different experience than that you received from this post.

Archived