Pinned Topic - Report/Follow ARC site issues HERE

As most of you know, we have a fairly small staff that runs and maintains the club and the ARC site. Though we use a variety of hardware and software to connect there's a good chance that you are using a combination that none of us uses. More than just Apple/Linux/Windows, we have to contend with various smartphones, tablets, and other web enabled devices. Consider how many versions of OS's that each of those use, then add in a ton of common and proprietary web browsers and you'll begin to see that it's not possible for us to be aware of all of the potential issues.

IP Board, the software we run, is pretty good about bug fixes and updates. We try not to upgrade just for the sake of upgrading due to the difficulties such changes can make to both you and us. That said, occasionally we do have to upgrade either to patch security holes or to add functionality. Such upgrades can mean that third party products like Tapatalk may break until they catch up to the latest IPB version. For this reason we have limited the number of third party plugins we support to those are most "in demand". We do subscribe to notifications from plugin developers and apply their fixes as soon as we can after they are released and tested. We'll continue to do our best to keep everything here running smoothly and up-to-date.

Starting today we'll be using this thread to track issues and to give you a common place to come check if/when you encounter an issue with the site. Additionally, if this site ever goes down you can check our Facebook page for status updates.

Here's where you come in. If you encounter a problem, check here first to see if it's already been reported. If not (or if you have additional details to provide), then post details of the error you are encountering. Please include the following:

• Device Type: Computer - PC/Mac/Linux/Other, Cell phone - Apple/Droid/Other, Tablet - make & model
  • OS - version of the OS you're on
  • Browser - name and version of the browser you're using
  • Issue - The issue that you're seeing and/or steps to reproduce.

We'll follow up on such items, and when within our power, work to get them resolved. There may be times that all we can do is wait for the third party developers to update their product, but at least we'll be able to track it in a central location.

• Device Type: Computer - Mac
  • OS - 10.8.2 (Mountain Lion)
  • Browser - Safari 6.0.2
  • Issue - Quotes are looking odd in Infinite Theme (see below). They no longer have a box around them indicating where the quote ends.

attachicon.gifquote.png

James, there was a known issue with cached javascript from the previous version causing this issue. There are some steps to clear it up in this thread. Please try those steps if you haven't and let me know if it resolves it for you.

• Device Type: Computer - Mac
  • OS - 10.8.2 (Mountain Lion)
  • Browser - Safari 6.0.2
  • Issue - Quotes are looking odd in Infinite Theme (see below). They no longer have a box around them indicating where the quote ends.

attachicon.gifquote.png

James, there was a known issue with cached javascript from the previous version causing this issue. There are some steps to clear it up in this thread. Please try those steps if you haven't and let me know if it resolves it for you.

Killed the cookies and cache for this site, closed out the browser, and restarted. After re-logging in, still only seeing the grey quote bar.

The quotes look fine in the default IP Board theme... it is just the Infinite theme that I see the issue.

i have the same issue James with mountain lion

Thanks guys, that helps narrow it down a lot. My assumption is that they made a change that they accounted for in the Default skin but not in Infinite. I'm supporting a ticket for it.

Thanks guys, that helps narrow it down a lot. My assumption is that they made a change that they accounted for in the Default skin but not in Infinite. I'm supporting a ticket for it.

Confirmed that the Infinite theme is a 3rd party add-on. I'm working to get an updated version of it, I'll post the status here when it changes.

The quotes look fine in the default IP Board theme... it is just the Infinite theme that I see the issue.

The Infinite theme has been updated, please check and confirm that quoting is working properly now.

There are some cool features in it in case you haven't used it before. It allows you to pick the color using the color picker in the top-right corner.

The Infinite theme has been updated, please check and confirm that quoting is working properly now.

There are some cool features in it in case you haven't used it before. It allows you to pick the color using the color picker in the top-right corner.

Yep, the quotes look fine now.... of course the background image is missing from Infinite now ;) I get just pure black for the background.

Yep, the quotes look fine now.... of course the background image is missing from Infinite now wink.png I get just pure black for the background.

Working on it, the updated theme doesn't support it by default. If you had to choose between the old background with fixed colors and the ability to pick a color, which would win?

Yep, the quotes look fine now.... of course the background image is missing from Infinite now wink.png I get just pure black for the background.

Working on it, the updated theme doesn't support it by default. If you had to choose between the old background with fixed colors and the ability to pick a color, which would win?

For me the old background with fixed colors. The whole color changing thing was just a novelty which I set once and forgot.

I can't post pictures anymore from my ipad :(

When I try, the bar that contains the controls is gone (I don't know the name for it. It's where you can make text bold, italic, etc. it also has the buttons for pics, videos, etc) it's not grayed out, it's just flat gone I've cleared the cache and history. Nothing seems to be working. The problem is in my ipad2, latest version of safari. I'm just about to give up on this. Really frustrating.

For me the old background with fixed colors. The whole color changing thing was just a novelty which I set once and forgot.

I created that image and just put it in the css. Mike, LMK if you want it added back.

-Andrew

I created that image and just put it in the css. Mike, LMK if you want it added back.

-Andrew

Please do. When I added it was repeating, I'm sure I just hadn't set the height/width to scale properly.

I can't post pictures anymore from my ipad sad.png When I try, the bar that contains the controls is gone (I don't know the name for it. It's where you can make text bold, italic, etc. it also has the buttons for pics, videos, etc) it's not grayed out, it's just flat gone I've cleared the cache and history. Nothing seems to be working. The problem is in my ipad2, latest version of safari. I'm just about to give up on this. Really frustrating.

Sherita, another thing to try -- in the bottom left of the site you should see the words "Change Theme". Click it and pick whichever theme is not checked. Then try creating a post and see if the toolbar works for you in that theme.

Mike, I tried changing the theme. Didn't seem to do anything

I tried clearing the cache again, but no joy there either.

I can definitely see how that could be annoying. I'm submitting your picture and a bug to the forum software people, hopefully we'll have an answer soon.

In the meantime I may be stating the obvious, but you can use the "Attach Files", "Choose file" button at the bottom of your screenshot to add your photos to your post. You browse, add them, then click the "Add to Post" button that will appear after they are uploaded. If the file is not local I have been able to put the url in the file location before hitting Add and have it work for me.

** To everyone else **

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?