tank raised HIPPO TANG.

Viet'spride70

I got him as a baby about 1 1/2", almost 2 years now, he is about 4 1/2" big and being bully toward other tangs. need to find him a good home. he is healthy and eats any thing( seaweed, pellet, flakes, mysis)

asking $35, cash only and pick up from my house.

Vu 903-7773. call or text.

To share a pic as a reply (as in this post) then click the More Reply Options button just to the right of the post button. Once there click the Choose Files, browser to where the file is and submit it. It will then be in the list of attached files. Position your cursor where you want the pic in your post then click the Add to Post link. That should be it. Good luck!

Allow me to be Tang Police for a minute...

I think a 120 is too small as well. These fish need swimming room and a 4ft long tank doesnt provide much, let alone a 92 corner. I'd even posit that the 144 half round is undersized for one. A 6ft long tank would be minimum IMO.

\rant off

Allow me to be Tang Police for a minute...

I think a 120 is too small as well. These fish need swimming room and a 4ft long tank doesnt provide much, let alone a 92 corner. I'd even posit that the 144 half round is undersized for one. A 6ft long tank would be minimum IMO.

\rant off

You're probably right there. I was hoping that the curved edge would help because they could potentially follow it round for a longer swim ...plus I have a very open plan aquascape. Still not ideal though I know! I might give up on my hopes for a blue tang, I definitely wouldn't feel right with a full size one crammed in my tank. Might set my sights on a Yellow Tang instead. grin.png

tang-police.jpg

Tank raised? I didn't know they were breeding them, where can you find tank raised juvies?

I don't think they're tank bred yet, but I have seen tank raised ones being sold online before. I believe either the eggs or juvis are collected from the wild and then raised in captivity. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to name names as they're not a sponsor, but google "tank raised blue tang" and you'll find them. I've never actually seen them in-stock though.

Archived