Howdy!

lewisweil

First post for Fish Gallery- Austin. I'm Lewis and am helping out with outreach for Fish Gallery. The store will be at 6500 N. Lamar next to the original Threadgill's. It looks like we are going to open in January. We can't wait to share our approach to fish tanks with our carefully chosen selection of freshwater and marine animals, plants, and dry goods. Plus our top notch service crew for tank installations.

Like the Houston store we are planning on being community oriented and family friendly. We will host field trips with touch tanks and lessons on marine biology. Have book reading for the little ones. Activities of all kinds in the children's room. Plus every other fun (and weird) event we can think of. Personally I want to do for aquarium what the Alamo Drafthouse did for cinema.

Right now you can see tanks we service at the Gateway Wholefoods, at the Renaissance Hotel, the Ramada downtown and at Barton Creek Mall. They are all freshwater but I think y'all will still dig them. We'll have plenty of cool saltwater stuff at the store (is it January yet?)

Our newest tank (and my personal project) is #GillMurray at the Butterfly Bar in east Austin. This tank is going to tour around Austin and introduce as many people as possible to joys of keeping fish.

We are doing monthly meet ups at the bars where #GillMurray is crashing. The last one was a blast and I can't wait to meet more of you in person and talk tanks.

post-1439-0-02833300-1350099740_thumb.jp

Archived