Flame Scallop

subsea

post-766-134893358226_thumb.jpg

This side of tank has much uplifting water caused by air bubble curtain. I thought this Flame Scallop was gone as I had not seen him for two months in 135G lagoon. I have had him 6 months, he came in with Sea Apple. In the old days when my filtration was under gravel false bottom filters with air uplift tubes, I kept Flame Scallops alive for several years. It is all about taking care of the little things and the big things will take care of themselves. I put much money and time in building and protecting the bottom of the food chain. When used with DSB and mud refugium methods, the bottom of the food chain is the perfect waste water treatment plant. It processes undesirable water parameters and produces complex food webs for complex aquatic life. Win/Win to me.

La bonne temps roulee,

Patrick

Thank you for the compliment. After almost 40 years of reefkeeping, I have settled onto "less technology and more biology". It makes me the lazy reefer. Excuse me, I meant to say "laisser faire" reefer.

La bonne temps roulee,

Patrick

PS. Remember the after hours bonfire, after the Oct frag swap. Don't bring the kids.

At three months in the cycle, 500 small Cerith Snails were added. They have been in there two months and have slowly cleaned up nuisance micro algae. Since you have been here, I removed half of the rockscape in my 75G DT and have been transferring snails 50, at a time, from 135G lagoon.

Patrick

Archived