Light Bar

Stephen

Anyone have any ideas to mount an diy LED fixture. My ceilings are too high in my new place and I think that it would look weird to hang 6+ft.. I was thinking some cool square tubing, but I don't have any experience with that stuff.Ideally, I would like something that is adjustable. Anyone know if they sell that stuff at Home Depot? How did you hang your custom fixtures?

I used plant hangers from walmart. Just screwed them into the wall like a shelf and set my lights on top. voila. and a cheapfix at only $1.50 each! Plus you can find some fancy ones, or spray paint them however you like. (Mine are not LED, but here is a pic so you can get the idea.) Another option is to actually use a hanging kit off of plant hangers. Bud has done that with some of his lights.

post-2155-0-90915200-1347994131_thumb.jp

i mounted my t5's using 1/2" conduit, bent to make an upside down "L" and mounted it to the back of my stand with U-brackets.

then i used these

http://www.sunlights...e-original.aspx

to mount the lights to the conduit.

How heavy do you think your lights are? I want to do a similar thing, but I don't know the size or grade of metal I should use that won't bend or break over time

Do you have a pic?

i mounted my t5's using 1/2" conduit, bent to make an upside down "L" and mounted it to the back of my stand with U-brackets.

then i used these

http://www.sunlights...e-original.aspx

to mount the lights to the conduit.

How heavy do you think your lights are? I want to do a similar thing, but I don't know the size or grade of metal I should use that won't bend or break over time

Do you have a pic?

i was trying to find one on photobucket, but I don't think I have any handy. I have some on my computer at home, so if I have any brain capacity left I'll rehost some to upload. This fixture was a solid Tek 4x54, so pretty heavy. If you use 1/2" conduit, no way it breaks. I have a pipe bender you can use also if you want.

• 7 months later...

*Comically massive picture*

I literally laughed out loud when I clicked your picture to see your hangers and it filled my laptop screen with a giant resoluton.

Side note. I am also building my own kegerator out of a deep freezer. I also appreciate your fine taste in carpet. I can tip my hat to that.

Archived