Just a ball of chaeto

Grog

Mine use todo that. It grows really fast like that. So fast, it's hard to maintain. I guess I'm lazy and really saw no change in chemistry once it stopped turning. But that is a cool video. Thanks for posting.

And it's funny you would post that because I was just reading that that is the way chaeto likes to be kept. When I did it it was just to keep stuff off the bottom. Then one day it started spinning like a wheel.

This might be fun to try and get to happen in my sump, perhaps if I move some stuff around I can get it to spin.

Best place for powerheads to spin the ball? Across the top? underneath down one side?

Didn't know where to post this. Figured this is as good of a place as any. Gotta love YouTube finds. tongue.png

Excellant link. I watched the segments on Deep Sand Bed Maintenance. Very informative.

Patrick

Mine use todo that. It grows really fast like that. So fast, it's hard to maintain. I guess I'm lazy and really saw no change in chemistry once it stopped turning. But that is a cool video. Thanks for posting.

And it's funny you would post that because I was just reading that that is the way chaeto likes to be kept. When I did it it was just to keep stuff off the bottom. Then one day it started spinning like a wheel.

Tumble culture is the most predominate method of cultivation for micro and macro algaes. I use a vertical loop current produced by powerheads and air lift curtains to produce the tubling motion in a 4' long tank. The most simple is with powerheads at the top aimed at the oppossite side on the top. If much seaweed needs to tuble, then add powerheads on bottom of oppossite side.

Patrick

This might be fun to try and get to happen in my sump, perhaps if I move some stuff around I can get it to spin.

Best place for powerheads to spin the ball? Across the top? underneath down one side?

I have been continplating this too, I'm thinking 2powerheads opposite each other but placed high and on placed low

Archived