orange hammers

Bannerfish

how would you frag a wall hammer? saw chunks off and cut the skin carefully? typical hammers grow quick in my tank.

they are real pricey, i saw an orange tipped frogspawn today listed about the same price as an orange hammer, about $120+ shipping. wonder if a few of us could chip in, buy a good sized piece, cut some frags, let them heal, and share it that way?

how would you frag a wall hammer? saw chunks off and cut the skin carefully? typical hammers grow quick in my tank.

they are real pricey, i saw an orange tipped frogspawn today listed about the same price as an orange hammer, about $120+ shipping. wonder if a few of us could chip in, buy a good sized piece, cut some frags, let them heal, and share it that way?

Kind of new to the hobby but if this were possible I would be willing to chip in! I love the orange on these, saw one online somewhere but was a little shocked at the price lol

Ok looking around for some orange hammers and found this site. Watch the video! Now I don't have a saw like that and it said only 70% of cut offs work but it is possible!

its typical to loose frags when you frag them, unfortunately. i keep mine to a minimum by keeping them in the same tank next to the mother colony until after they heal up. but most coral is hardier than we think ime.

pbnj, maybe we need to bug you for frags of your hammer lol! got any pics you would like to share? interesting note on the frogspawn, i wonder why it hasnt grown?

I've got an orange hammer. I've seen branching ones but they're extremely rare. AAF has them in their auctions every so often. Regardless of them being branching or wall type, you can expect to pay a premium for one with good color.

Also, make sure to see it in person before purchasing if possible. It's pretty easy to make an ugly brown one look bright orange with minimal editing.

Archived