School of Damsels

subsea

I have enjoyed this school of ten Blue Yellow Tailed Damsels in my 135G lagoon tank. However, they have eliminated my Pods. I will be transferring them to my 75 gallon display tank, once I have removed the rabbit fish and the coral beauty.

post-766-134495784967_thumb.jpg

I'll be leaving this pair of juvenile Ocelarius Clownfish and I will also leave a large pair of Sailfin Black Mollies.

post-766-134495799936_thumb.jpg

I like it like that.

Patrick

post-766-134495772749_thumb.jpg

post-766-134495985733_thumb.jpg

This is one of the two black Mollies that will be staying in this tank. I have found that these mollies do not eat the pods and coexist very peaceably with them.

Patrick

I noticed the damsels on my visit and thought they looked pretty cool. I noticed they each seem to have their own little territory. Kind of reminded me of the Garibaldi of the California coast. Certainly much different behavior than in the normal 29g setup at the fish stores.

Mollies are perfect dither fish. They also consume film algae and as live bearers, they will multiply profusely.

The coral beauty and the fox fish will be coming out of the 75G to find a new home. When that happens, I will introduce all ten damsels and the Flaming Angel into the 75 gallon display tank. I will continue to develop the 75 gallon tank as an NPS bio theme.

Archived