Victoly's BC29

victoly

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Time for the tank hardware:

Apex

Apex WXM (mp10 control)

DIY 24 LED from RapidLED (12 RB, 12CW @ 0.7 amps each channel, 2 Meanwell 48Ds controlled by the Apex. I currently ramp the Blues/Whites up and down for about an hour with an 8 hour photoperiod. Blues are at 60%, whites are at 30%).

Ecotech MP10 (40% reefcrest most of the day, several Nutrient Expos at 10 minute intervals and calmed down to 10% constant at night)

Tunze 9002 Skimmer with intank cup (not crazy about this skimmer, I can only manage a wet skim)

Intank Media basket with carbon/purigen, mechanical filtration is taken care of by 2 different filter sponge media.

Cobalt MJ1200 w/ y split locline on return

Autotopoff.com ATO

Ebo 300w heater controlled by Apex

Linksys WRT54G with DDWRT to take care of apex networking duties

Livestock list to come.

Digging the coloration on your meteor shower cyphanstrea dribble.gif

It's my favorite piece. I got it from Tim (wizardx322) this weekend. His tank is stellar! I'm still learning about the cyphastrea variants, and I'm not 100% sold that this is meteor shower, but I sure do like it regardless.

Looks real good. What's that acro looking coral on the plug down front? Nice acan colony.

I'm not sure man, I got them from Tim (wizardx322) this weekend. I'll have to ask him. They're my first stick SPS, so I'm a wee bit nervous...

• 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...

That acan thing on the right looks sweet. Is that two clams I see? How's your calcium reactor doing?

Yeah, good eye :) Just picked up a derasa this weekend. The CaRx is still on my tool bench, just treading water until my infant learns how to sleep for more than 2 hours at a time.

Archived