Announcing the April ARC Meeting and Frag Swap

mFrame

Pat Castille, aka - Subsea owner of Castille Coral Ranch, has volunteered to host the April Meeting, at his home in South Austin. The details:

Saturday, April 21st, at 3 pm

Pat is having a crawfish boil. If you would like to bring drinks and/or snacks please send a PM to dapettit or RockinRobin

Our April meeting will coincide with the ARC Spring Frag swap, Saturday April 21st at Castille Coral Ranch. I'll update this post with more details, but for now check out details of the two "lagoon theme" tanks that will be given away that day. One is setup for newbies, the other for more experienced members. Pat will also talk about de-nitrification with sulfide bacteria and faculative bacteria.

Here is a link to his Lagoon Themed tanks

There will be several other give aways for all members!

*** Updated Raffle Prize Info ***

In addition, we will draw the Premium Member* winners of the following raffle items. Tickets will be available for purchase up until the time of drawing, $5 each or 5 for $20.

• 7 LED plug-and-play kit from RapidLED
  • 24 LED plug-and-play kit from RapidLED
  • Vertext Internal Pinwheel Skimmer 100 Gen 3 from Premium AquaticS
  • A hand-made adirondack chair from FS Woodworks

Each item will have its own jar, only put your ticket in a jar that you'd want to win.

*Must be a Premium Memberin order to particapate in all raffle drawings. Tickets can be purchased from Dave or Robin Pettit. Do NOT HAVE TO BE present to win.

Tenative Agenda:

3 pm - 7pm: Frag Swap and in general hanging out.

4 pm: and now a word from our host/Sponsor - A little bit about Castille Coral Ranch

5 pm: Get your hot Crawfish, boudain, and other cajun goodies

6:45 pm: Let's find out who wins the raffles!

7 pm: Live music

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

For me, this will be a full day. I will also have the Grand Opening of Castille Coral Ranch at my Bear Creek home. This will be a celebration for me, no sales event. I will have a crawfish boil starting at 5PM with a house concert starting at 7 PM. Take your shoes off and stay a spell.

Patrick

• 2 weeks later...

Please note the changes to the raffle items. This is going to be a great meeting and frag swap!

Feel free to start posting here which frags you plan to bring or frags that you may be looking for.

I will attend but won't have frags to trade as I'm still new. I'm in the market for blue ricordea, radioactive zoas, hulk zoas, and/or eagle eye zoas. (Looking to add green and blue hues to the tank.) Since, I don't have trade material, I will have some cash. Please let me know if cash is acceptable at the frag swap, I'm unsure of the rules regarding that. :)

I will attend but won't have frags to trade as I'm still new. I'm in the market for blue ricordea, radioactive zoas, hulk zoas, and/or eagle eye zoas. (Looking to add green and blue hues to the tank.) Since, I don't have trade material, I will have some cash. Please let me know if cash is acceptable at the frag swap, I'm unsure of the rules regarding that. smile.png

I sure folks will take those green paper frags!

Finally a meeting I can make :) I'm not sure if I'll have frags to trade or not. I'll post later if I do. Sounds like a fun meeting and a great way to spend muster hanging with a few ags ;)

I have a table and pop up tent as well if needed. I also have a mini 10g frag tank if you think the community tank is going to fill up

Table & pop up tent are always welcomed, thanks.

Finally a meeting I can make smile.png I'm not sure if I'll have frags to trade or not. I'll post later if I do. Sounds like a fun meeting and a great way to spend muster hanging with a few ags wink.png

Kim,

I cant let 'the muster" comment get by. Even though I graduated from Texas A&M, I never attended "muster". When I attended the Texas Maritime Academy in 1971, I could not be in "The Core" because I was married. As I had just returned from 4 years of active military duty from November of 1966 thru November of 1970, I found the shaved heads and spit shined shoes amusing. I will not be denied an opportunity to experience "Aggie Muster".

I want to extend an invite to all the Aggies out there within the sound of my words, You'll come to the Grand Opening of Castille Coral Ranch at 5 PM "until the cows come home".

Your Cajun Aggie friend,

Patrick

I know you should wear "burnt orange". It will be a remake of "Best Little Whorehouse in Texas".

Because I am a Cajun first, I usually opt out for purple and gold of LSU instead of maroon. Two years ago, when LSU played A&M in the Cotton Bowl, after the game, I apologized to one of the young interns at the VA clinic. He was so much into being "an aggie", I felt his pain.

I have a table and pop up tent as well if needed. I also have a mini 10g frag tank if you think the community tank is going to fill up

Brian, if someone ask for it, then go ahead and bring it. However, I will have an empty 10G tank and numerous 5G buckets. I also have a 135G lagoon tank cycling with reduced lighting at this time. It would be available for spillover at the time of the meeting.

Patrick

• 2 weeks later...

Archived