Buying and Selling Items - Rules of Thumb

mFrame

There will always be the potential for confusion during the sale of an item. That said, I think there are a few things you can do when buying and selling items that can eliminate the confusion.

Sellers:

• the price you want for the item
  • pickup terms (will you meet someone for delivery or will they be coming to your place? What hours are pickup available)
  • whether you want to sell items as a group or individually
  • whether you will hold items, and if so, under what terms (Paypal holds item, etc.)
  • how you will determine who gets the item (first post, first PM, etc.)
  • preferred means of communication (email, cell phone, PM, post)

Buying:

• understand when you commit to buy that the seller is probably turning down other offers, so be good to your word
  • don't complain if you get beaten out on a deal, it happens to all of us

I'm sure everyone here can think of points to add, so reply here and we'll compile a list of Buying and Selling guidelines that we will try to adhere to within the For Sale forums.

• Like 4

Just send a pm to me before you list the item to see if I want it :) then post away.

I would say as a buyer your best bet to get picked for the item is to include in your reply that you will send paypal payment as soon as you get the sellers PP address.

Do not expect to be first in line just because you happen to be the first to post in the thread alot of people send a PM first then post to the open forum if they post at all.

• Like 1

I would hope that the first post in the thread would be the first in line. That way everybody can look at the post to know who is wanting what and who was first in line for an item. Sending a PM is great after the post. But if the first PM get the item, then this will only produce angst as it is not done in the open.

On second thought, I think PM is great.. That way a seller can decide to sell or NOT sell the item to whomever sends a PM.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Just a reminder, it says at the top of this thread:

"understand when you commit to buy that the seller is probably turning down other offers, so be good to your word"

A good one to remember. I had someone here tell me he wanted to buy my fish and even schedule when to pick it up, only to tell me later, after I stayed at home waiting for the pickup (and multiple PMs gone unanswered), he changed his mind-- and this when finally I had to call him direct. No message, no text, nothing. Just the expectation I should read his mind after he committed to purchasing.

This happened over a period of days and I PM'ed to interested others the fish was already sold.

Please, everyone have the courtesy to remember this is a community and not some sort of cheap used car sales lot or flea market. Respecting members time and their commitments made is important for everyone.

And yes, I did request, (also unanswered), that he PayPal some money upfront. My lesson learned that nothing is sold until the money arrives-- I guess I just expected to be treated the same way I treat others.

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

questions for the MODs. like to help a friend to sell off some equipments, hes not a premium member. i make a sale post w/ a list of sale and his contact infos, is it against a club's rules?

please lmk w/ any thoughts....

thank you.

Unfortunately, yes that would be against the rules.

another suggestion for something that I see fairly regularly, it seems in bad taste to price haggle in the thread. If you want to PM an offer, fine, but don't do it out in the open where a seller has to be put in the position of kindly rejecting you,.

• Like 1

• 5 years later...
27 minutes ago, Pdisner said:

How do I obtain premium status?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Click on the "Store" tab at the top, and then click on "Membership".  Choose the level you want to purchase there.

• 1 year later...

Hi,

From many days i am having an issue with this website. Everytime i try to log in it says wrong password. I create a new password everytime and this is repeating. 

I wanted to buy premium account, is this the case only with free accounts? If this happens for paid accounts i need to rethink.

I contacted the support but none responded. I dont know whom to follow up with. I have tried to contact them 2 times but no response.

Anyone please help.

Edited by Venu Gundlapally

On 3/26/2019 at 9:54 PM, Venu Gundlapally said:

Hi,

From many days i am having an issue with this website. Everytime i try to log in it says wrong password. I create a new password everytime and this is repeating. 

I wanted to buy premium account, is this the case only with free accounts? If this happens for paid accounts i need to rethink.

I contacted the support but none responded. I dont know whom to follow up with. I have tried to contact them 2 times but no response.

Anyone please help.

Hi Venu,

No, there are no differences between the Premium and regular member accounts.  I show your account was locked due to too many unsuccessful login attempts. I don't show any support tickets created by you, please feel free to contact me directly here (mframe), or to email at [email protected] if that is easier.  That said, I understand how frustrating login issues can be. 

This most likely issue is that your phone, table, or another device is attempting to maintain a connection to the site and ultimately causing the account to be locked.  To address that, I need you to log out and remove any stored credentials on any devices and browsers that you use or have used to access ARC.

Once you are logged out on everything (including the Tapatalk App if you use it), then you will reset your password.  At that point login with one and only one device, preferably a computer.  If the account remains working then we can slowly add back devices until we find the culprit.

Mike