Guarantee on fish

Hydro

I sent you a pm with this but didn't get a response.

Hi Jake

I had one of my employees come in there saturday morning to buy some fish. He ended up buying a banded pipefish, dragon face pipefish, a male flasher wrasse, a goby shrimp combo for himself, 5 emerald crabs and 4 buckets of salt, not sure if you remember him for some reason. Anyway the banded pipefish didn't make it through the night and the flasher wrasse was dead this morning. All were in a QT tank that was just filled with DT water some I'm sure the parameters were good. Its been a while since I bought any fish from you so I wasn't sure if you have a guarantee for those fish or not. If it matters I have some pics of them.

Stephen

My new copperband is still doing good in qt, knock wood... One thing to remember, though I'm sure you're aware, is that even using water from am established dt in your quarantine, the tank can still go through a cycle... I did the same, and even used filter media from the display, but I'm experiencing moderate ammonia levels in quarantine that I'm currently trying to keep non lethal by dosing prime... I'm sure you know this but I figure someone can use the information.

You might want to give the shop a call to see if they can help you out.

I'm pretty sure they don't have a guarantee on saltwater, only on freshwater with a corpse + water sample to test.

In my experience saltwater fish and corals are extremely finicky. I'll buy some zoas or an occasional fish from a fellow reefer and acclimate them to my tank just to see the corals melt away within a week, or never see the fish again.

I'll drop a fish or shrimp in my freshwater tank with no acclimation (other tank temp) and it will survive just fine.

FWIW I stopped by RCA on my way home today, and they still have both dragonface and the banded pipefish from the same batch in the tank they were in at the sale. Didn't pay attention to the wrasses.

The blue spot fairy wrasse we bought at the sale has gone MIA... don't know if he died or was murdered by our evil crab, but he's fish food now. :( The 6-line, strawberry pseudo and naso tang we bought are all doing well though...

No guarantee on SW from them, unfortunately.

+1 on CapsAzN's post. I dont know too many people that have a mature, stable, established QT. Even if all the water test check out if the QT tank is newly set up its probably not going to do you much good, IMHO. Jake has been out of town this week. He left Sunday. Don't expect him back till Tuesday of next week.

My new copperband is still doing good in qt, knock wood... One thing to remember, though I'm sure you're aware, is that even using water from am established dt in your quarantine, the tank can still go through a cycle... I did the same, and even used filter media from the display, but I'm experiencing moderate ammonia levels in quarantine that I'm currently trying to keep non lethal by dosing prime... I'm sure you know this but I figure someone can use the information.

+1 on CapsAzN's post. I dont know too many people that have a mature, stable, established QT. Even if all the water test check out if the QT tank is newly set up its probably not going to do you much good, IMHO. Jake has been out of town this week. He left Sunday. Don't expect him back till Tuesday of next week.

I can tell you that the QT tank that Hydro innovations has setup also has 2 golden dwarf eels and several other fish that he got from an online order, also I have the same water in my tank at home as what the QT tank gets and I have crabs/shrimp/clowns in my tank with no issues at all. I've even taken my water up to RCA before I had a test kit and the water tested out fine. smile.png

QT was not cycling or having any issues, H.I has had this qt established for awhile just in case it was ever needed or when he adds new fish/coral.

Archived