Free Kenya tree(s)

dshel1217

Kimp gave a small kenya tree a few months ago and just like she said it would spread and grow. So now I have two pieces that I would like to give to a new reefer. This hobby is all about helping people out when they get started, plenty helped me out. Pm or text if interested I live in north east austin 51253607one 9

No I meant is the parent tree dropping branches. Mine drops about a 1" branch every day or so. You can tell when its going to drop, there will be a enlarged section on one branch are and then it just falls off in the middle of the enlarged section, gets pushed around by the current to another rock, and attaches itself and starts growing...weird. My nem split at the exact same time so I was worried. Just wondered if yours was doing the same thing.

no, very easy and not super light hungry.

DerrickH is right I have a branch of a kenya growing in a cave under 20+ lbs of live rock in complete darkness and I cant get him out without take\ing all the rock out first.

my kenya is droping pieces off quite often not everyday but about one a week.

Ive found that under high power lighting, they actually do not extend all the way and generally appear to be unhappy. Ive since moved mine to a low flow, medium light area and now its blooming again. Hasnt dropped any branches in a couple days.

I live in Round Rock but wont be available till around 4:45 or so...dang work always gets in the way huh lol! If your still in the area around that time shoot me a pm today and I can send ya my Cell#

would the weekend work better for u? Will be in south austin tomorrow morning. Unfortunantly there aren't much to pick from here, so i make fequent trips to austin

The one inch piece that you gave me is now 4 inches with many branches. Its doing great! I am loving watching it grow. Together with my palys and zoas, I went to a mixed reef over night and all seem to be thriving. Thanks again for the tree.

If anyone wants any more hit me up, more large branches propagated last night so I have more to get rid of. I may get rid of the parent colony and just keep one of the large frags thats attached itself to one of my rocks. This stuff grows like crazy

Archived