Newbie NW Austin Reefer!

Benny

Howdy Ben,

I also have relocated back to this area and still trying to settle into thing's. Best advice I can give you is to be patient and to do your due diligence..research wise. There are many way's to setup a successful tank but buying the correct equipment will certainly make it easier in the long run. Plan your critter's carefully, make sure they are compatable and then introduce them in the correct order. Buy good LR, get your flow and lighting set and make sure you have a good understanding of how water chemistry works and the benefit's of keeping it balanced. Good group here so as mentioned, ask away if you have any question's.

Cheers,

Awesome group, Already met 3 members and they have been great! And I plan on doing a whole lot of research while building my reef tank setup, far before I put any livestock in.

• 3 weeks later...

Ended up getting a mix of 60lbs of the BRS Eco saver and Fiji dry rock, Plus a 175g bucket of Red Sea Coral Pro Salt. Got extra so I have alot of aquascaping options. And I love the look of mixed rock... Gonna grab some Pukani when it is in stock again just to sit on till I need it. VERY EXCITE!

• 3 months later...

Archived