New Member Here..Hello!

Patrick M.

Hello Everyone,

I've heard so many great things about this forum so I finally decided to join.

My name is Patrick and I've been in Austin for a little over 2 years. I am pretty new to the hobby, and got into it because I've worked at a pet retail store and this area has much more saltwater customers than I was used to. I got frustrated not being able to answer people's questions and figured the only way to be able to learn more and be able to offer better advice would be to start a tank of my own.

ARC member WesleyB also helped me get into the hobby as well.

I've met a few of y'all informally at work (I'm the assistant store manager at the Pflugerville Petco, previously at Round Rock).

Look forward to being on the forums!

I currently have a Biocube 14. I'll post a couple of pics. (Tank is a little cluttered at the moment)

IMG_20110523_181127.jpg

Welcome to ARC! Lovely little Biocube. :) I'm just starting out myself (live rock is all that's in my tank presently) so I'm looking forward to growing with the group.

I shop now and then at the RR Petco, but knowing you're over in the new Pflugerville location I'll be sure to stop in.

Welcome to ARC! Lovely little Biocube. :) I'm just starting out myself (live rock is all that's in my tank presently) so I'm looking forward to growing with the group.

I shop now and then at the RR Petco, but knowing you're over in the new Pflugerville location I'll be sure to stop in.

Awesome!

Awesome!

It was the "Manager" type guy over in the fish section at the R.R Petco that turned me on to ARC. I don't remember his name but he was really nice and patient with me when I was buying a FW setup for my daughter. :) Nice guy.

Awesome!

It was the "Manager" type guy over in the fish section at the R.R Petco that turned me on to ARC. I don't remember his name but he was really nice and patient with me when I was buying a FW setup for my daughter. :) Nice guy.

hmm how long ago? That's great to hear though.

Awesome!

It was the "Manager" type guy over in the fish section at the R.R Petco that turned me on to ARC. I don't remember his name but he was really nice and patient with me when I was buying a FW setup for my daughter. :) Nice guy. He told me SW isn't "that much more difficult" and it kind of stuck with me and here I am having a go at it with another tank.

I bought the FW tank the first week of April. The guy showed me some pics of his tank and I think he had a Skull type trinket in there. Though that may have been his FW tank? Like I said, really nice guy.

Awesome!

It was the "Manager" type guy over in the fish section at the R.R Petco that turned me on to ARC. I don't remember his name but he was really nice and patient with me when I was buying a FW setup for my daughter. :) Nice guy. He told me SW isn't "that much more difficult" and it kind of stuck with me and here I am having a go at it with another tank.

I bought the FW tank the first week of April. The guy showed me some pics of his tank and I think he had a Skull type trinket in there. Though that may have been his FW tank? Like I said, really nice guy.

Oh ok, I know who that was.. yeah he's a cool guy for sure. Knows a lot about salt too.

Awesome!

Oh ok, I know who that was.. yeah he's a cool guy for sure. Knows a lot about salt too.

He changed my perception of "big box" store employees somewhat. I was pretty impressed with his patience and knowledge.. kind of an unknown thing for these types of stores IMHO. The girls over at that Petco act like you're just wasting their time or they're too busy chugging a redbull behind the counter to see if you need assistance. hah

I know what you mean...trust me I do..

Come by the Pflugerville store sometime though. Let me know if you want me to order anything for you.

I need more dog food so I'll see about swinging by tomorrow if you'll be around after 3PM? I probably won't need any fish stuff just yet (for the S.W tank) so it'll just be an informal hello sorta thing. I haven't been in that store yet, either.

Welcome to the group. Your tank looks to be rockin. Which Petco in Pflugerville? I go into the one off 45 a couple times a week for my dog stuff.

He's at that one, I went and picked up dog food and met him today. Nice store. :) Some nice fish too and of course an ARC member for an employee.. it never hurts, right? :)

Archived