Azoo CH 100 Chiller / Heater Nano

Jessie

Azoo 120W Chiller/Heater combo model CH100. You'll need a feed pump (not included).This is a thermoelectric chiller, not a refrigerant chiller. Includes internal heater. Temperature is read in celcius. Its about 8' wide X 10" long X 8" tall and has 5/8" inlet/outlet connections. Comes with everyhting you see.

I got this off of CL a couple months ago free with a tank that I bought. The guy had no idea what it was and just gave it to me. I think its too small from my total water volume (50 gallons) It turns on both to cool and heat but takes way too long to drop my temp and drops the temp a couple degrees more than I liked. Possibly due to my volume or maybe the celcius to ferenheit difference. I think it will work good on a 25 gallon or less set up. I ended up buying an aqua euro1/13 hp recently and dont have a use for this. I couldnt find much on the internet about it so Id like to just trade for some nice SPS frags. I figure its worth about $75 - $100 used. Please no birdnest or digi or monticap offers, ive got plenty. :)

Thanks

post-1582-0-65600600-1301637057_thumb.jp

post-1582-0-86569900-1301637077_thumb.jp

Jessie can you tell me, does this one have the sporadic temp gauge that always wants to reset it self back to 24 degrees celsius? I know that's been a problem with these chillers. The timers are bad in some of them.

Jessie can you tell me, does this one have the sporadic temp gauge that always wants to reset it self back to 24 degrees celsius? I know that's been a problem with these chillers. The timers are bad in some of them.

I never noticed the temp screen changing so I dont believe so. It seemed to work "better" set at 26 degrees. It would keep the temp between 2-3 degrees either way. I may not have had enough flow going through it also. Funny thing is my aqua euro 1/13 has 1/2 inlet connectors and this guy has 5/8. I only had about 100 gph running through it. I would rather take a trade on some SPS, do you have any? If that doesnt fall through soon then I dont have an issue selling it.

FYI - we can set up the chiller and a maxi jet 1200 I have, on a 5 gallon bucket and test it for anyone that is interested

Didnt think a 1/13th chiller would cool 50g tank very well.

I was concerned a little at first but its rated up to 60 gallons. Drops my temp 2 degrees in less than 10 minutes. Once I adjust my plumbing this weekend Ill double the flow to about 250 gph and it should be even less.

Well the nice thing about slower flow is the water can expend more heat in the chiller. Too much flow and the water doesnt have time to cool off in the chiller. I trimmed my flow from 450g to around 200gph and cools much quicker.