• Announcements

• JamesL

Can't Create A Post? Please Read.   01/18/2017

Finding that you can't create a post in a specific forum? Please see the membership changes that took effect in early 2012. You must be a Premium Member to post items in certain forums.
Aqua-Dome

Who we are and what we do! Most of you are already quite familiar with

Aqua-Dome    98

Most of you are already quite familiar with the Austin Aqua-Dome, which is strangely enough really in Austin, but for those who aren't or those just fish-curious this is who we are. The building that is now the Aqua-Dome started as The Reef, The Reef started as one of the very rare Pier One Imports Tropical Fish Stores in Southwood Shopping Center. The Dome itself was built in 1986 and we acquired it in late 1997. Teri, Hunter and myself (Gary) have over 60 years experience (of course an old guy like me accounts for a large chunk of that). We bring in more saltwater fish and corals than everyone. We order our fish straight from the Philippines, Bali, Sri Lanka, Vanuatu, Visayas. We order our corals from Jakarta, Flores Island, Kupang. Celebes. We order our freshwater fish from Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Vietnam and several countries in South America. We also order from traditional wholesalers for items not found at our direct sites.

We sell almost everything associated with fish; freshwater fish and plants, saltwater fish, corals, live rock, pond fish, pond plants, koi, feeder fish, ghost shrimp, live brine shrimp. We offer a savings club whereby our club members get: 10% off anything live (including live rock), 20% off most of the regular merchandise in the store (including De-ionized water & premixed Saltwater), 25% off what we call Aqua-Dome Partners such as most Seachem products, Aqueon Fish Foods, Hagen Test Kits. Members also get an extended freshwater fish health guarantee of two weeks, and a saltwater fish health guarantee of one week at 50% replacement value. Normally our club membership costs $19.99 per year but for organizations that we sponsor we offer their paid members our club membership for $10.00.

We continually strive to provide the best product available, along with the best advice, at the best price we can offer. We don't have sales every month, or once a year, we offer some of the lowest prices in the state every day, and with our club discounts we are competitive with any web site or other store. We don't sell hype, we sell equipment that works for the application you have. We don't know it all, but we know a heck of alot. Thanks for reading, come by and visit, very few people are disappointed. Gary, Teri, Hunter.

Laura    109

" Thanks for reading, come by and visit, very few people are disappointed. Gary, Teri, Hunter, Michael."

**Never.Ever.Disappointed. :hmm:

+Melissa    0

You guys are the bestest and I can't thank you enough for all the help and knowledge (and rescues) you have given me over the years.

+KimP    621

You guys were a tremendous help to me today! I can't thank you enough for helping me realize it was my test kits causing me to think there was a problem with my DT, and helping get my QT all ready to go. Couldn't be more pleased with the help, or the prices! :blink:

Joe.kool    2

Love the dome.onley place in town that makes me feel like they actually care about their jobs,their fish,my fish and all around good people. Ill be back.

• Like 1

+Capt. Obvious    225

Love the dome! Hunter is very helpful. Kinda wish you guys would refurb the place (little paint and stuff on the outside) but times are hard and such.