Seahorses got a new house!

cMidd

moved my two female H. Erectus ponies into a new (larger) 30g earlier today. had it cycling with live rock from my other systems for a week prior to the move as to make sure nothing spiked. everything is great, the horses are doing good.

here's a FTS and the two ponies, lemme know what you think.

fts:

IMG_0620.jpg

IMG_0621.jpg

IMG_0622.jpg

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds good!

The new male is fine... my god, he is HUGE! They are all in there together, actually. There might be some competition for mating, but that shouldn't be a big issue. They are not violent.

Brooks - true. I am looking forward to adding to my "herd"!

Jlloyd - this tank didn't "cycle" in the sense you are thinking. Everything in that tank except for 20g of water is from my other systems including the filtration. :) I let it sit with sand-filter and some rocks for 5 days before adding them.

Yes Laura, i am picking up some cuttings of Dragon Breath from Francis tomorrow AM! he has helped me a TON.

i am also looking for decorative red and possibly other colors. :)

thanks for your help and support!

I know the red "caluerpa" but it isn't caluerpa it's just sold as that. Not sure where to get any but online. I Wouldve loved to try a planted but that's gonna have to wait. Having a 8" deep SB and planting sea grass would be to cool though.

I know the red "caluerpa" but it isn't caluerpa it's just sold as that. Not sure where to get any but online. I Wouldve loved to try a planted but that's gonna have to wait. Having a 8" deep SB and planting sea grass would be to cool though.

Very cool. However, I think you'd eventually grow tired of seeing 8" of sand on your front glass. laugh.gif

The Dome normally have some gorgonians in stock. The last two I have gotten were from them. Though, both of mine are photosyn' types, so you might need to make sure you have enough light.

I guess the gorgonian polys don't deliver enough sting to hurt the seahorses, and that the occasional hitching does not irritate the gorgonian?

This is my favorite one I got a while back from the Dome:

IMG_9084.JPG

BTW, those are some great pictures of your ponies.

Archived