Hey guys. New to scene =)

VooDoo

Sup guys. I'm stationed at FT Hood and I've been looking for the closest reef community. I'm new to saltwater and still have alot more to learn. I'm starting with a 10Gal nano tank. Which is a great learning experience. I realize the best way to learn is to get hands-on training. Don't fret! I do my studying! I'm hoping to meet more fellow hobbyists and expand my knowledge about reef tanks. I know working with small tanks are alot more difficult, but I believe I'll be ok. =)

Anyway, here it is: 15 lbs of live sand, 15 lbs of rock, aqueon 10 filter, and an aqua-tech powerhead 170 LPH (crappy but better than nothing). Lighting is 10w flourescent bulbs which I plan to replace with 2 20w coralife mini compact 50/50 this week

Livestock is 2 oscellaris clowns, a yellowtail damsel, a hawaiian feather duster, a nassarius snail, and a huge turbo snail.

Even with such a basic setup, I find myself observing my tank alot (i mean ALOT). my wife thinks I'm a loser for staring at my tank for such long periods of time. Lol I just think it's beautiful, but it's just the beginning of creating a masterpiece. She just doesn't understand...women.

tanknov02.jpg

iphone pic sorry!

Don't mind the elementary scaping. it's temporary. I plan to make walls on the sides that flow into that center piece. Gonna be hard, but fun! I plan to upgrade to the fluval canister filter being that it's neat and tidy. I'm not sure which size is best for me, but I've got more studying to do. I believe my tank is going to evolve fairly slowly for I have other priorities. =\

Thanks for looking! Keep in mind that advice and opinions are thumbs up!

Edited by SGT_DAO