New From Dripping Springs

Cory54

Hello,

I have recently to decided to take up the hobby of keeping a marine reef aquarium. I am very new to this and I hope for as much help as you guys will give me.

I don't have a tank yet but I plan on setting up a 29g biocube or a 24g JBJ nano cube. I am leaning towards to the biocube.

Checked out Aquatek today and I loved the place. Only complaint was the drive. What is the closest LFS to south Austin?

Anyways, I am glad to be here and I hope to make it to some of the offical meetings.

Welcome. AquaDome is probably your best bet. It never hurts to take a day every once and a while to just drive to all three major shops, i.e. River City, AquaTek, and AquaDome.

AquaDome is like Dr Who's house, it looks small but it is huge on the inside.

Welcome. Get used to driving north :unsure:

Aquadome is a good shop. However, the best bang for the buck is buying frags from other members here and from austin aqua farms. You can save 50 - 80% off store prices and often get much more rare and better kept corals from other members.

I don't mind the drive. It's just hard to get up there during the week with school. And i plan on getting frags from some of you guys. You all seem to have great corals. I was also hoping to buys some live rock and sand off some people.

It was hard. I was cheering in the student section. I guess i should have probably stated that in the original post. I am 16. I know that makes me a kid to most of you but I try to stay as mature as possible.