360 Gal DIY Reef Tank

acropoorer

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ummm...those SPS colors "aren't great" to you?! Holy cow man...! They look good to me.

Yes, I love the colors and "pop" of the SPS, but rarely do you see that many scoly's in a tank. I love the little doughnuts!wub.gif

ummm...those SPS colors "aren't great" to you?! Holy cow man...! They look good to me.

Thanks Mark, I'm flattered. Some sps are hard to make look bad, but I am missing some magic and want it back. Some of my stuff is not lookin so good. Been here before, but not sure I know why I am here now. I am hoping it is just the build up of crap in my old tanks (haven't been cleaned in almost 2years). I hope I am solidly on the mend by my next build update.

Must be the camera adding in all of those bright colors...

I really think it is the oregon's, cali's, LPS and the starphire glass. I also left the worst looking stuff in the old tank and thankfully many of my corals are just dulled in color rather than brown.

• 2 weeks later...

MORE PICS! MORE PICS! MORE PICS! MORE PICS! MORE PICS! MORE PICS!

+1

Ok, Ok. You know I am limited by the Iphone quality and to lazy to figure out how to use my cannon. I am starting to see some of my stuff that has suffered starting to color up and my parameters are stable. Here's a few pics.

post-77-051284000 1277854711_thumb.jpg

post-77-018550200 1277855209_thumb.jpg

post-77-066956300 1277855151_thumb.jpg

post-77-047272700 1277855244_thumb.jpg

post-77-087935500 1277855593_thumb.jpg

post-77-096592600 1277855700_thumb.jpg

post-77-002051800 1277855874_thumb.jpg

post-77-057377200 1277855970_thumb.jpg

post-77-066637900 1277856497_thumb.jpg

OHMYGOD DALE!

That Pearlberry has at least double in size since I saw you last. Its time to pay you a visit!!!!!!

Sure, but by now I'd have thought you'd have that 34 gal full up. Of course you're always welcome to visit just to look, but I'm running a night cycle till I get this stuff in the house (just plain hot in the garage). LED's on at 8:30pm, T12 actinic at 11:30pm, MH on at 1:30am so I had to stay up really late to get your full light pics. Taking vacation the week of the 4th and hoping to get the tank inside by the 11th -- maybe wishful thinking...

175 Gal 60x30x24 w/50 Gal sump

3x400W MH w/280W Actinic

Euro-Reef CS8-3

Deltec 601s

Coralife 1/2HP chiller

2xTunze 6100

220 lb LR

SPS, LPS, fish & some softies

You need to fix that signature. laugh.gif

And man does that stuff look great!

Better? :cool:

OHMYGOD DALE!

That Pearlberry has at least double in size since I saw you last. Its time to pay you a visit!!!!!!

Sure, but by now I'd have thought you'd have that 34 gal full up. Of course you're always welcome to visit just to look, but I'm running a night cycle till I get this stuff in the house (just plain hot in the garage). LED's on at 8:30pm, T12 actinic at 11:30pm, MH on at 1:30am so I had to stay up really late to get your full light pics. Taking vacation the week of the 4th and hoping to get the tank inside by the 11th -- maybe wishful thinking...

Not even close to full! :gun: I'll have to stop by after I get back on the 19th! :cool:

OHMYGOD DALE!

Not even close to full! :gun: I'll have to stop by after I get back on the 19th! :cool: